97 King Street, East Fremantle WA 6158
Blessed with great bones!
East Fremantle WA 6158POA
House - East Fremantle WA
An original limestone exterior, wide jarrah floors, high ceilings, timber skirting boards, charming archway detail, classic fireplaces throughout, ornate ceiling roses, double-hung sash windows and a full width bullnose veranda underscore the boundless potential gleaned from this classic federation-style bungalow-cottage in the highly sought-after Plympton Precinct of East Fremantle.
An inviting entry statement of manicured hedging, offset by turned timber posts and decorative friezes, inspire creative opportunities to transform this historical gem into a head-turning masterpiece.
Adopting the classic cottage layout of three large rooms either side of a central hallway at the front of the home, the extended rear section includes a modest living area and kitchen, along with a “sleepout” and access to a vast back garden, with potential and scope to transform into a tranquil oasis, integrated outdoor living space or your dream vegie garden and orchard – with the inclusion of an original “out-house” and chicken coop.
Blessed with an entirely blank canvas to draw from, the sky’s the limit when it comes to applying a unique personality and style to the design, renovation and layout of this early 1900s home.
Located just a few steps from the iconic George Street community along with its assortment of cafes, bars, boutiques and wellness facilities, there is something very special about this riverside, family-friendly precinct which is adored for its tastefully restored homes in a hamlet steeped in history.
Enjoy coastal sea-breezes, walks to the river, beach, Monument Hill and central Fremantle; cycle to the eclectic vibrancy of South Fremantle and Notre Dame University or enjoy access to every modern convenience imaginable with Foodworks, Woollies, Fresh Provisions and an assortment of take-away options, medical facilities, fitness studios and more, close by.
East Fremantle Primary School and Royal Fremantle Golf Club are also walking distance away, along with public transport options.
– Sough-after Plympton Precinct location
– Original early 1900s federation-style bungalow
– Excellent renovation/restoration potential
– Limestone exterior
– Wide jarrah boards
– High ceilings, timber skirting boards, ceiling roses, double sash windows
– Hallway arch detail
– Full width bullnose veranda with turned timber posts and decorative friezes
– Vast rear garden (with original out-house and chicken coop)
– Walking distance to East Fremantle Primary School, Monument Hill and Royal Fremantle Golf Club
– Short walk to river, beach and Fremantle-central
– Foodworks, Woolworths, Fresh Provisions, cafes, dining and retail options, plus fitness studios, health facilities and more nearby
– Excellent transport links
- 3 bed
- 1 bath
- 1 Parking Spaces